Subject: Re: Camera Preview
From: Allen D Hastings <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 03:41:40 -0700

>> Well, I don't. I'm running LW 3.5 unbundled, and my clicked preview 
>> button says 'Make Preview/Play Preview/Free Preview'. 
>
>I have the unbundled version also, and I only see the load/save IF I put 
>the program in the toaster dir and start LightWave 3.5 from the switcher. :(
>
>Why is this Allen?

I didn't write the original layout wirfeframe preview routines - they
were written in assembly by a former NewTek employee, and they called
some routines that reside in the Switcher.  For the standalone version,
I had to create new C language preview recording and playback routines
that didn't use Switcher calls.  There wasn't time for me to write
standalone load and save routines for 3.5 (they're planned for 4.0).
However, when you run 3.5 from the Switcher, the old assembly routines
are still used and so load and save are still available that way.

- AH